Constitutional Law involves the interpretation and implementation of the United States Constitution. It deals with matters concerning the rights of individuals, states, and the federal government. This research guide will help you find sources relating to Constitutional Law. It also contains links to the United States Constitution.
- Print: 4th floor Research Alcove KF4527 .2002 (2002 version with 2010 supplement)
- Online: Hastings Access / GPO (pdf) / FDsys (all editions with supplements from 1992 forward) / 2002 (pdf)
US Constitution (Senate analysis)
US Constitution (Cornell Law: Annotated / unannotated)
US Constitution (from USCA 4th stacks KF62.U5)
US Constitution (from USCS 4th stacks KF62)
US Constitution (LexisNexis / Westlaw)
- On LexisAdvance under the search box under all content type click cases. Additionally, check Constitutional Law under all practice areas and types. - Constitutional Law
United States Constitution
Constitutional Law History
Keep in mind that you can also combine search terms in an Advanced Search. For example, the subject "Constitutional Law" can be combined with the keyword "women" to produce the search (d:(Constitutional Law) and Women).
If you find a useful book that we don't have at UC Hastings, you can request in through Inter-Library Loan --- Books .
Specific books that may be helpful:
- Modern Constitutional Law by William J. Rich (KF4550 .R47 2011)
- Treatise on Constitutional Law: Substance and Procedure by Ronald D. Rotunda, John E. Nowak (KF4450 .R63 2012)
- Constitutional Law: Principles and Policies by Erwin Chemerinsky (KF4450 .C45 2011)
- Constitutional Law Hornbook by John E. Nowak, Ronald D. Rotunda (KF4550 .N58 2010)
- The Constitution of the United States of America: Analysis and Interpretation by the Congressional Reserve Service (KF4527 .2002)
- Encyclopedia of the American Constitution by Leonard W. Levy, Kenneth L. Karst (KF4548 .E53 2000)
- The Oxford Companion to the Supreme Court of the United States by Kermit L. Hall (KF8742.A35 O93 2005).
- The Practical Companion to the Constitution by Jethro K. Lieberman (KF4548.L54 1999)
- The U.S. Constitution A to Z by Robert L. Maddex (KF4548.M34 2002)
- Search the online . This is a searchable database of abstracts of working-papers as well as articles accepted for publication.
- ProQuest Central is an excellent online source for full-text political science and social sciences articles having to do with current criminal punishment issues.
- The San Francisco Public Library (SFPL) has a very good collection of online full-text scholarly non-law articles, including JSTOR. You can access them by visiting SFPL, which is just one block from Hastings, or you can access these article and journal databases online, if you have a SFPL library card.
- Google for full-text articles: Try searching Google Scholar . (You may then need to locate the full-text using Lexis or Westlaw, or one of the library's subscription databases).
Constitutional Law & History Research Guide - Georgetown Law
Research Guide for Constitutional Law - The Massachusetts School of Law
US Supreme Court Center - FindLaw
Supreme Court of the United States
The Supreme Court Historical Society
CALI Lessons on Constitutional Law
Exploring Constitutional Law - Doug Linder
Foreign, Comparative and International Law Librarian
= Restricted resource
= Some full text
= OpenURL enabled
= Video files
= Audio files