- New Pleading in the Twenty–First Century: Slamming the Federal Courthouse Doors? (Oxford Univ. Press 2013).
- Civil Procedure: Model Problems and Outstanding Answers (Oxford Univ. Press, 2d ed. 2012). AMAZON
- Civil Procedure: Model Problems and Outstanding Answers (Oxford Univ. Press 2011). AMAZON
- Mapping Supreme Court Doctrine: Civil Pleading, 7 Fed. Cts. L. Rev. 275 (2014) (with Colin Starger). URL
- When Does a Legal Malpractice Action "Arise Under" Federal Patent Law?, 40 Preview U.S. Sup. Ct. Cas. 135 (2013).
- A New Look at Dismissal Rates in Federal Civil Cases, 96 Judicature 127 (2012) (refereed). SSRN
- Presuit Discovery in a Comparative Context, 6 J. Comp. L. 51 (2012) (peer reviewed). SSRN
- Rethinking Extraordinary Circumstances, 106 Nw. U. L. Rev. 377 (2012). SSRN
- Structuring Jurisdictional Rules and Standards, 65 Vand. L. Rev. En Banc 31 (2012) (with Elizabeth McCuskey). SSRN
- Global Civil Procedure Trends in the Twenty-First Century, 34 B.C. Int'l & Comp. L. Rev. 1 (2011) (with James M. Klebba). SSRN
- Hybridizing Jurisdiction, 99 Cal. L. Rev. 1439 (2011). SSRN
- The Complexity of Jurisdictional Clarity, 97 Va. L. Rev. 1 (2011). SSRN
- Comparative Convergences in Pleading Standards, 158 U. Pa. L. Rev. 441 (2010). SSRN
- Federal Pleading and State Presuit Discovery, 14 Lewis & Clark L. Rev. 43 (2010) (invited symposium). SSRN
- Justice Souter and the Civil Rules, 88 Wash. U. L. Rev. 289 (2010). SSRN
- New Pleading, New Discovery, 109 Mich. L. Rev. 53 (2010). SSRN
- What Kinds of Appellate Deadlines are Jurisdictional?, 38 Preview U.S. Sup. Ct. Cas. 107 (2010). LX HEIN WL
- What Kinds of Statutory Restrictions are Jurisdictional?, 37 Preview U.S. Sup. Ct. Cas. 34 (2009). LX HEIN WL
- A Darwinist View of the Living Constitution, 61 Vand. L. Rev. 1319 (2008). SSRN
- Appreciating Mandatory Rules: A Reply to Critics, 102 Nw. U. L. Rev. Colloquy 228 (2008). SSRN
- In Search of Removal Jurisdiction, 102 Nw. U. L. Rev. 55 (2008). SSRN
- Mandatory Rules, 61 Stan. L. Rev. 1 (2008). SSRN
- The Failure of Bowles v. Russell, 43 Tulsa L. Rev. 631 (2008) (symposium). SSRN
- Jurisdictionality and Bowles v. Russell, 102 Nw. U. L. Rev. Colloquy 42 (2007). SSRN
- Pleading Standards after Bell Atlantic Corp. v. Twombly, 93 Va. L. Rev. In Brief 135 (2007). SSRN
- The Forum Defendant Rule in Arkansas, 2007 Ark. L. Notes 73 (2007) (peer-edited). WL URL
- Constitutional Thematics and the Peculiar Federal Marriage Amendment, 20 BYU J. Pub. L. 233 (2006) (invited symposium). SSRN
- Subclassing, 27 Cardozo L. Rev. 2351 (2006). SSRN
- The Peculiar Federal Marriage Amendment, 36 Ariz. St. L.J. 783 (2004). SSRN
- Dignity: The New Frontier of State Sovereignty, 56 Okla. L. Rev. 777 (2003). FULLTEXT LX HEIN WL
- Vectoral Federalism, 20 Ga. St. U. L. Rev. 393 (2003). FULLTEXT LX HEIN WL
- Extending the Robertson Presumption to Leased Vehicles, 64 Tex. B.J. 966 (2002). LX HEIN WL
- Habeas Review of Perfunctory State Court Decisions on the Merits, 29 Am. J. Crim. L. 223 (2002). FULLTEXT LX HEIN WL
- The Metes and Bounds of State Sovereign Immunity, 29 Hastings Const. L.Q. 721 (2002). FULLTEXT LX HEIN WL
Chapters In Books
- Temporary Restraining Order, in 2 Encyclopedia of the United States Constitution 726 (David Schultz ed. 2009).
- Abstention, in 1 Encyclopedia of the Supreme Court of the United States of America 11 (David S. Tanenhaus ed. 2008).
- Adequate and Independent State Grounds, in 1 Encyclopedia of the Supreme Court of the United States of America 26 (David S. Tanenhaus ed. 2008).
- Appellate Jurisdiction, in 1 Encyclopedia of the Supreme Court of the United States of America 83 (David S. Tanenhaus ed. 2008).
- Book Review, 67 Ark. Hist. Q. 310 (2008) (reviewing Jeffrey Brandon Morris, Establishing Justice in Middle America: A History of the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit (2007)).
- The Challenge of Comparative Civil Procedure, 60 Ala. L. Rev. 133 (2008) (reviewing Oscar G. Chase et al., Civil Litigation in Comparative Context (2007)). SSRN
Newspaper & Magazine Articles
- The Importance of E-Discovery, Ark. Law., Spring, 2008, at 14. HEIN WL
- Judicial Activism: Reconsider Old Taboo, Nat'l L. J., Nov. 1, 2004, at 19. LX CATALOG