- Community Property in a Nutshell (West Academic Publishing 3rd ed. 2014) (with Robert L. Mennell).
- Cases and Materials on California Community Property (Thomson/West 10th ed. 2011) (with Gail Boreman Bird) (with Teacher's Manual). AMAZON
- Cohen's Handbook of Federal Indian Law (LexisNexis 2005) (editor).
- Readings in American Indian Law: Recalling the Rhythm of Survival (Temple Univ. Press 1998) (editor).
- The M Word: From Partial Coverture to Skills-Based Fiduciary Duties in Marriage, 22 Hastings Women's L.J. 257 (2011). FULLTEXT LX HEIN WL
- Conversion as a Remedy for Interference with Home Equity, 29 Banking & Fin. Services Pol'y Rep. 5 (Sept. 2010). WL
- The Sound of Silence: The Continuing Legal Debate Over Class Action Rescission Under TILA, 6 Hastings Bus. L.J. 1 (2010) (with Paul Kofoed). FULLTEXT LX HEIN WL SSRN
- This Little Loan Went to Market: The Consumer-Lender-Investor Equation of Federal Truth in Lending, 28 Banking & Fin. Services Pol'y Rep. 7 (Aug. 2009). WL
- Dangerous Loans: Consumer Challenges to Adjustable Rate Mortgages, 5 Berkeley Bus. L.J. 1 (2008). FULLTEXT LX HEIN WL SSRN
- In Translation for the Latino Market Today: Acknowledging the Rights of Consumers in a Multilingual Housing Market, 11 Harv. Latino L. Rev. 1 (2008). FULLTEXT LX HEIN WL SSRN
- Irregularities in Mortgage Disclosures: Classwide Rescission Under the Truth in Lending Act, 25 Cal. Real Prop. J. 3 (2007).
- Links and Choices: Popular Legal Culture in the Work of Lawrence M. Friedman, 17 S. Cal. Interdisc. L.J. 1 (2007). FULLTEXT LX HEIN WL SSRN
- A Few Thoughts about Using Visual Images in LatCrit, 81 Or. L. Rev. 587 (2003). FULLTEXT LX HEIN WL
- Getting to Survivance: An Essay About the Role of Mythologies in Law, 25 PoLAR 37 (2002) (peer reviewed). FULLTEXT HEIN
- Disabling Certitudes: An Introduction to the Role of Mythologies of Conquest in Law, 12 U. Fla. J.L. & Pub. Pol'y 13 (2000). FULLTEXT LX HEIN WL
- Protecting a Piece of American Folklore: The Example of the Gusset, 4 J. Intell. Prop. L. 203 (1997). FULLTEXT LX HEIN WL
- Identity as Idiom: Mashpee Reconsidered, 28 Ind. L. Rev. 511 (1995). FULLTEXT HEIN WL
- Surface and Depth: Some Methodological Problems with Bringing Native American Centered Histories to Light, 20 N.Y.U. Rev. L. & Soc. Change 405 (1993). FULLTEXT HEIN WL
- They Moved Away: Stories of Location and Relocation, 13 Harv. Women's L.J. 363 (1990). FULLTEXT HEIN
Chapters In Books
- To Influence, Shape and Globalize: Popular Legal Culture and Law, in Law, Society, and History: Themes in the Legal Sociology and Legal History of Lawrence M. Friedman 69 (Robert W. Gordon & Morton J. Horwitz eds., Cambridge Univ. Press 2011). CATALOG
- Book Review, 22 Great Plains Res. 213 (2012) (reviewing Joanne Barker, Native Acts: Law, Recognition, and Cultural Authenticity (2011)).
- Sovereign Selves: American Indian Autobiography and the Law, 25 Law & Hist. Rev. 462 (2007) (reviewing David J. Carlson, Sovereign Selves (2006)). LX HEIN
- Physicists, Lawyers, and Gold Diggers: Bearing Witness in a Culture of Secrecy, 2 Hastings W.–Nw. J. Envtl. L. & Pol'y 83 (1994) (reviewing Rebecca Solnit, Savage Dreams (1993)). HEIN WL
- The American Indian and the Problem of History, 33 Ariz. L. Rev. 281 (1991) (reviewing Calvin Martin, The American Indian and the Problem of History (1989)). HEIN WL
- The General Indian Court of Colonial Mexico and the Legal Aides of the HalfReal, xi 479 (1983), 32 Ariz. L. Rev. 361 (1990) (reviewing Woodrow Borah, Justice by Insurance (1983)). HEIN WL
Newspaper & Magazine Articles
- The Idea of Complex Problem Solving in Law School, L. Teacher, Spring, 2007, at 14. URL
- ¡Presente!: Seven Hispanic Graduates Tell How They Came to Stanford, What it Was Like Here, and Where They Are Now, Stan. Law., Spring, 1990, at 14. URL
- DeLeon '74 Heads New York City's Human Rights Commission, Stan. Law., Fall, 1990, at 87.
Reports, Working Papers & Training Materials
- Consumer Rights to Translated Mortgage Documents: California Civil Code Section 1632 and Related Cases, Real Property Law Section 27th Annual Retreat, California State Bar CLE Materials (May 24, 2008).
- Mortgage Sales–Practice Litigation on Specialty Adjustable Rate Mortgages, Real Property Law Section 26th Annual Retreat, California State Bar CLE Materials (April 27–28, 2997).
Dissertations & Theses
- Riverrun: Three Essays About the Uses of History in Legal Problems Concerning Native Americans (1995) (unpublished J.S.D. dissertation, Stanford Law School) (on file with Stanford Law School).