- Cheap on Crime: Recession-Era Politics and the Transformation of American Punishment (Univ. of Cal. Press, forthcoming 2015).
- Check, Pleas: Toward a Jurisprudence of Defense Ethics in Plea Bargaining, 41 Hastings Const. L.Q. 775 (2014) (with Deanna Dyer & S. C. Thomas). URL
- Death Row Economics: The Rise of Fiscally Prudent Anti–Death–Penalty Activism, 28 Crim. Just. 1 (2013) (with Ryan Newby). URL
- Legally Blind: Hyperadversarialism, Brady Violations, and the Prosecutorial Organizational Culture, 87 St. John's L. Rev. ___ (forthcoming 2012).
- Perceiving and Reporting Domestic Violence Incidents in Unconventional Settings: A Vignette Survey Study, 23 Hastings Women's L.J. 159 (2012) (with Annick Persinger). FULLTEXT LX HEIN WL
- Packer in Context: Formalism and Fairness in the Due Process Model, 36 Law & Soc. Inquiry 237 (2011). LX WL CATALOG
- Dainty Hands: Perceptions of Women and Crime in Sherlock Holmes Stories, 22 Hastings Women's L.J. 233 (2011). FULLTEXT LX HEIN WL
- Dangerousness, Risk, and Release, 7 Hastings Race & Poverty L.J. 175 (2010) (with Valerie Kraml & Nicole Schmidt). FULLTEXT LX HEIN WL
- Defining the Problem, 7 Hastings Race & Poverty L.J. 161 (2010). FULLTEXT LX HEIN WL
- Humonetarianism: The New Correctional Discourse of Scarcity, 7 Hastings Race & Poverty L.J. 1 (2010). FULLTEXT LX HEIN WL
- Moving Targets: Placing the Good Faith Doctrine in the Context of Fragmented Policing, 37 Fordham Urb. L.J. 709 (2010) (with Jeremy Seymour & Richard Leo). FULLTEXT LX HEIN WL SSRN
- Social Historical Studies of Women, Crime, and Courts, 6 Ann. Rev. L. Soc. Sci. 151 (2010) (with Malcolm M. Feeley). CATALOG
- 'Almost Duress': Using Criminal Defenses at the Sentencing Stage, 2009 Hapraklit 601 (2009) (in Hebrew). URL
- Inequitable Enforcement: Introducing the Concept of Equity into Constitutional Review of Law Enforcement, 61 Hastings L.J. 413 (2009) (with Daniel L. Portman). FULLTEXT LX WL
- Discourse of Disobedience: Law, Political Philosophy, and Trials of Conscientious Objectors, 9 J.L. Soc'y 1 (2008). FULLTEXT LX HEIN WL SSRN
- How Law Thinks of Disobedience: Perceiving and Addressing Desertion and Conscientious Objection in Israeli Military Courts, 30 Law & Pol'y 277 (2008). SSRN CATALOG
- Make Love, Not Law: Perceptions of the Marriage Equality Struggle Among Polyamorous Activists, 7 J. Bisexuality 261 (2008) (excerpted in Bisexuality and Same–Sex Marriage 123 (M. Paz Galupo ed., Routledge 2008)). URL
- 'And Justice for All?' Regarding the Danger of Generalizing from Exceptional Cases, Following the Rami Dotan Petition, 14 Army & L. 343 (2002) (in Hebrew).
- Unauthorized Absences: Imaginary Solutions to a Real Problem, 15 Army & L. 83 (2001) (in Hebrew).
Chapters In Books
- Geeks, Goddesses, and Green Eggs: Political Mobilization and the Cultural Locus of the Polyamorous Community in the San Francisco Bay Area, in Understanding Non–Monogamies 87 (Meg Barker & Darren Langdridge eds., Routledge 2010). AMAZON
- Deaf Dialogue: Legal and Therapeutic Discourse in Addressing the Military Deserter Population, in Law, Society & Culture 339 (Tel Aviv University 2008) (in Hebrew).
- When the Saints Go Marching in: Legal Consciousness and Prison Experiences of Conscientious Objectors to Military Service in Israel, in The New Civil Rights Research: A Constitutive Approach 183 (Benjamin Fleury–Steiner & Laura Beth Nielsen eds. 2006). CATALOG URL
- Book Review, ___ Punishment & Soc’y ___ (forthcoming 2014) (reviewing Austin Sarat, Gruesome Spectacles: Botched Executions and America's Death Penalty).
- Book Review, 15 Theoretical Criminology 106 (2011) (reviewing Tamar Pitch, Pervasive Prevention: A Feminist Reading of the Rise of the Security Society (2010)).
- Book Review, 73 Mod. L. Rev. 155 (2010) (reviewing Nicole Lacey, Women, Crime and Character: From Mol Flanders to Tess of the D'Urbervilles (2008)). CATALOG
- Book Review, 43 Law & Soc'y Rev. 239 (2009) (reviewing Rasmus H. Wandall, Decisions to Imprison: Court Decision–Making Inside and Outside the Law (2007)). LX WL
- Mass Atrocity and Criminology, 13 Theoretical Criminology 487 (2009) (reviewing John Hagan and Wenona Rymond–Richmond, Darfur and the Crime of Genocide (2008)).
- Book Review, 4 L. Cult. & Human. 122 (2008) (reviewing Daphne Barak Erez, Outlawed Pigs (2007)). CATALOG
- Book Review, 19 Army & L. 377 (2007) (reviewing Irena Fein, Military Criminal Law in the IDF (2006)) (in Hebrew).
- Book Review, 19 Army & L. 373 (2007) (reviewing Zvi Inbar, The Scales and the Sword (2006)) (in Hebrew).
- Book Review, 2 L. Cult. & Human. 153 (2006) (reviewing Alison Dundes Renteln, The Cultural Defense (2004)). CATALOG
- Book Review, 8 Israeli Soc. 22 (2006) (reviewing Lisa Hajjar, Courting Conflict (2005)) (in Hebrew).
Newspaper & Magazine Articles
- Governor Wrong to Criticize Inmates’ Lawyers, The Recorder, Feb. 22, 2013. CATALOG URL
- The Death Penalty is in Limbo, The Recorder, June 14, 2013. CATALOG URL
- Props 34, 35 and 36: Old Patterns or New Solutions?, The Recorder, Oct. 26, 2012. CATALOG URL
- Do Problem-Solving Courts Solve Problems?, L.A. Daily J., Mar. 31, 2011, at 1. CATALOG
- Gang Members, How Different Are They?, L.A. Daily J., Sept. 22, 2011, at 1. CATALOG
- Legally Blind: The Importance of Seeing Both Sides of a Case, L.A. Daily J., May 2, 2011, at 7. CATALOG
- Why Realignment? A Story of Finances and Litigation, L.A. Daily J., Nov. 23, 2011, at 1. CATALOG
- California's Death Penalty Is a Farce, L.A. Daily J., Oct. 1, 2010, at 5. CATALOG
- The Inmate Export Enterprise, L.A. Daily J., Feb. 1, 2010, at 5. CATALOG
- Undermining 'the CSI Effect', L.A. Daily J., Apr. 6, 2010, at 1. CATALOG
- A Hard Look at the Prison Budget, S.F. Bay Guardian, June 2, 2009. URL
- Confronting Overcrowding, L.A. Daily J., Aug. 14, 2009, at 6. CATALOG
- Fixing California Prisons Through Courts, L.A. Daily J., Nov. 17, 2009, at 5. CATALOG
- Local Policing And Accountability, L.A. Daily J., Oct. 9, 2009, at 6. CATALOG
- Punitive White Men, L.A. Daily J., Dec. 31, 2009, at 7. CATALOG
Dissertations & Theses
- Managing Disobedience as Crime: Legal and Extra–Legal Discourse in Addressing Unauthorized Absences and Conscientious Objection to Military Service in Israel (Spring 2005) (unpublished Ph.D. dissertation, University of California, Berkeley) (on file with Gardner Library, University of California, Berkeley).