- Lie Detection and the Negotiation Within, 16 Harv. Negot. L. Rev. 263 (2011). URL
- Yes, And: Core Concerns, Internal Mindfulness, and External Mindfulness for Emotional Balance, Lie Detection, and Successful Negotiation, 10 Nev. L.J. 365 (2010). FULLTEXT LX HEIN WL
- Managing the Goal–Setting Paradox: How to Get Better Results from High Goals and Be Happy, 25 Negotiation J. 217 (2009) (with Chris Guthrie). CATALOG URL
- After Basic Mindfulness Mediation: External Mindfulness, Emotional Truthfulness, and Lie Detection in Dispute Resolution, 2006 J. Disp. Resol. 511 (2006). FULLTEXT URL
- Behind the Process: Remembering John Ely's Compassion, 58 U. Miami L. Rev. 955 (2004). URL
- The Promise and Perils of "Our" Justice: Psychological, Critical and Economic Perspectives on Communities and Prejudices in Mediation, 6 Cardozo J. Conflict Resol. 1 (2004). FULLTEXT URL
- Foreword: Revisioning the Constellations of Critical Race Theory, Law and Economics, and Empirical Scholarship, 55 Stan. L. Rev. 2267 (2003). URL
- Adapting Meditation to Promote Negotiation Success: A Guide to Varieties and Scientific Support, 7 Harv. Negot. L. Rev. 67 (2002) (with Adele M. Hayes & Greg C. Feldman). URL
- The Lawyer–Negotiator as Mood Scientist: What We Know and Don't Know about How Mood Relates to Successful Negotiation, 2002 J. Disp. Resol. 1 (2002) (with Adele Hayes & Greg Feldman). FULLTEXT URL
- Tweaking the Market for Autonomy: A Problem-Solving Perspective to Informed Consent in Arbitration, 56 U. Miami L. Rev. 909 (2002). LX HEIN WL
- Whatever Happened to Anti–Semitism? How Social Science Theories Identify Discrimination and Promote Coalitions Between “Different” Minorities, 85 Cornell L. Rev. 313 (2000). FULLTEXT URL
- Privatizing Same-Sex “Marriage” Through Alternative Dispute Resolution: Community-Enhancing Versus Community-Enabling Mediation, 44 UCLA L. Rev. 1687 (1997). FULLTEXT URL
Chapters In Books
- Persuasion, Negotiation, and the Law, in Nonverbal Communication: Science and Applications 191 (David R. Matsumoto, Mark G. Frank & Hyi Sung Hwang eds., Sage Publications 2012) (invited and peer reviewed).
- Identity, Beliefs, Emotion, and Negotiation Success, in The handbook of dispute resolution 99 (Michael L. Moffitt & Robert C. Bordone eds. 2005). CATALOG URL
- Don't Just Say No, 24 Negotiation J. 89 (2008) (reviewing William Ury, The Power of a Positive No: How to Say No and Still Get to Yes (2007)). CATALOG
- Prevention Perspectives on "Different" Kinds of Discrimination: From Attacking Different "Isms" to Promoting Acceptance in Critical Race Theory, Law and Economics, and Empirical Research, 55 Stan. L. Rev. 2293 (2003) (reviewing Ian Ayres, Pervasive Prejudice? (2001) & Francisco Valdes, Jerome M. Culp, & Angela P. Harris, Crossroads, Directions, and a New Critical Race Theory (2002)). URL
- Re–visioning the Dependency Crisis and the Negotiator's Dilemma: Reflections on the Sexual Family and the Mother–Child Dyad, 22 Law & Soc. Inquiry 97 (1997) (reviewing Martha A. Fineman, The Neutered Mother, the Sexual Family, and Other Twentieth Century Tragedies (1995)). URL
- Were Patricia Williams and Donald Dworkin Separated at Birth?, 95 Colum. L. Rev. 1568 (1995) (reviewing Richard A. Posner, Overcoming Law (1995)) (with a reply by Posner). LX HEIN WL
Reports, Working Papers & Training Materials
- The Problem Solvers: Mediators For Lesbians And Gay Men (Stanford Center on Conflict and Negotiation, Working Paper No. 44, 1991).
- Note, Beyond Atomized Discrimination: Use of Acts Of Discrimination Against "Other" Minorities to Prove Discriminatory Motivation Under Federal Employment Law, 43 Stan. L. Rev. 241 (1990). URL
Dissertations & Theses
- Beyond Pontius Pilate and Judge Lynch: The Pardoning Power in Theory and Practice as Illustrated in the Leo Frank Case (1986) (unpublished A.B. thesis, Harvard University) (on file with author).